Training Grounds are now offering kids Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Muay Thai classes for 5 to 12 years old.
Kids Jiu Jitsu classes for 5-8 year olds are running on Tuesday, 4-4:50pm, and 9-12 year olds classes are on Tuesday 4:50-5:50pm. There is also an all ages class on Saturday, 9am -10am. Kids Muay Thai classes run on Wednesday, 5-5:45pm.
Martial arts is great for fitness, self-defence, confidence, rough and tumble benefits and most of all – fun!
Our classes are run by experienced instructors and fathers, with the emphasis on child development. We have a high ratio of instructors to children to facilitate this learning environment.
1x per week = $80 /month
2x per week = $150 /month
3x per week = $200 /month
Why your kids should learn Martial Arts?
Why should you and your kids sign up? Here are a few reasons:
- Increases self-confidence and self-defence skills
- Improves fitness in children in a fun group setting
- Learn respect for others and discipline in a positive environment
- Teach children to set tangible goals and earn rewards
- Team work skills, improving listening and social skills
- Make new friends!
Martial Arts is also a form of rough and tumble play. This is a style of play that allows children to explore physical and social skills, taking some safe risks while play wrestling/fighting. The benefits of rough and tumble play are:
- It helps children understand the limits of their strength and learn self control
- Children learn to read body language and decode signals
- Develop physical self control, skills needed to form friendships, be partners and fathers
- It’s a fun, controlled way to explore relationships through contact
- Helps develop compassion, cooperation, sharing, turn taking, adaption and interaction skills
- Teaches children how to take safe risks